Sunday, May 29, 2011

Activity 1.5 - Mapping the location

Location, location, location....

I decided to base my investigation on The Ponds Creek, which is close to where I grew up in Ermington. The Ponds Creek is a tributary to Subiaco Creek, which in turn is a tributary to the Parramatta River. I travelled to Upjohn Park, in the suburb of Rydalmere, to take my samples. The following maps show where I went both in relation to where the river is located in regard to surrounding suburbs, as well as where along the point along the creek where my samples were taken:


A map from Google Maps showing where the creek is
in relation to surrounding suburbs and rivers

'X' marks the spot! This is the point along the
creek where I took my samples, and did my testing.

I also took some photos of where my samples were taken, so that later on I might be able to theorise on how the abiotic factors of the creek influence the presence of biotic organisms. I also drew a scale map in my log book of where I took the samples, including details of the shape of the river, as well as things like large trees and rocks which were around. The video below was taken on the day of testing:

No comments:

Post a Comment